How to Get Right Throat Hit
If you’re looking to get the perfect throat hit when vaping, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we will teach you everything you need to know about throat hits and how to achieve them. We’ll cover what is a throat hit in vaping, the different types of throat hits, and how to adjust your vaping setup so that you can get the perfect hit every time. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced vaper, read on for all the information you need.
- What is a throat hit?
- How significant is a throat hit?
- Why does throat hit matter to the vapers?
- Types of throat hits
- Variables that determine the throat hit
- Balancing the throat hit with clouds and flavor.
- The throat hit that is right for you
What is a throat hit?
When you vape, the feeling you get in the back of your throat is called the “throat hit.” It’s one of the things that makes vaping so enjoyable for many people, and it’s also one of the things that can make it challenging to switch from smoking to vaping. The throat hit is created by the vapor contacting the back of your throat, which can vary depending on several circumstances.
How significant is a throat hit?
The throat hit is one of the most important aspects of vaping, especially for beginning vapers. A good throat impact will enhance your vaping experience and satisfy your nicotine cravings.
Furthermore, a good throat hit can keep you from smoking cigarettes again. When they switch to vaping, many smokers miss the sensation of smoke hitting the back of their throats. A good throat hit will give you a similar sensation to smoking, but without all the negative consequences.
However, a bad throat hit can be harsh and unpleasant, making it challenging to continue vaping. If you are finding that your throat is irritated by your e-liquid, it is crucial to try a different juice or adjust the nicotine level.
Why does throat hit matter to the vapers?
Some vapers prefer a strong throat hit because it provides a more satisfying vaping experience. The nicotine in the e-liquid is absorbed more quickly by the body when inhaled, giving the vaper a “hit” of nicotine that can help to curb cravings.
Throat hit also plays a role in the flavor of the e-liquid. A strong throat hit can enhance and emphasize the flavors of certain e-liquids.
The throat impact is simply a matter of individual preference for some vapers. They may discover that they prefer the sensation of a hard throat hit or a gentler vape. When it comes to throat hit, there is no right or wrong answer; it is a matter of inclination.
Types of throat hits
Strong throat hit.
A strong throat hit is the closest you’ll get to the feeling of smoking a tobacco cigarette. If you’re a former smoker or appreciate a powerful sensation in your throat, this may be the type of throat hit for you.
Weak throat hit.
This is a less intense feeling in the throat and is often described as a “smoother” vape. This is because there is less nicotine in the e-liquid, which results in a less harsh sensation. If you’re new to vaping or don’t enjoy an intense sensation, a weak throat hit might be better for you.
Variables that determine the throat hit
1. Nicotine Strength
The higher the nicotine strength in you vape juice, the more intense the throat hit will be. This is because nicotine is a stimulant and causes a tightening of the blood vessels.
However, it’s important to note that not all vapers will react to nicotine similarly. Some people are more sensitive to nicotine than others and will feel the effects more strongly.
2. VG/PG Ratio
VG is a thicker liquid than PG and doesn’t carry flavor as well as PG. Because of this, e-liquids with a higher VG to PG ratio will produce fewer throat hits than those with a lower ratio.
VG is also a sweeter liquid, so it can affect the flavor of your e-liquid. If you’re looking for a strong throat hit, you might want to try an e-liquid with a higher PG content.
3. Power output
A greater wattage generates more vapor, resulting in a harsher throat hit. If you want a strong throat hit, try a lower wattage. This will produce less vapor, but it will be more concentrated and give you a more substantial throat hit.
4. Type of coil/wicking material
Coils made with Kanthal wire will produce a harsher throat hit than those made with stainless steel or nickel wire. The wicking material you use can also affect the throat hit. Cotton wicks will produce a softer throat hit than those made with ceramic or silica.
5. E-liquid flavor
Certain flavors, such as mint or menthol, offer a cooling sensation that might help offset the roughness of the throat hit. Other flavors like cinnamon or clove might heighten the throat hit. If you want a strong throat hit, you should consider an e-liquid with one of these flavors.
6. Device airflow
A tighter draw results in less vapor and a milder throat hit, whereas a looser draw result in more vapor and a stronger throat hit. If you’re looking for a strong throat hit, you might want to try a device with adjustable airflow so that you can control the amount of vapor you’re taking in.
Balancing the throat hit with clouds and flavor.
Most people get confused because they think more flavor equals more throat hits. However, this isn’t necessarily the case. The key is to find a balance between the two. You want enough flavor to enjoy your vape, but you don’t want so much that it overpowers the throat hit. Some of the tips for finding a balance between the two include:
1. Customizing the throat hit
This is where you can start to play around with the settings on your e-cigarette. Different devices will allow you to adjust different variables. Playing around with these settings lets you find the perfect balance between throat hit and flavor for you.
2. Adjusting the power of the device
If you find that you’re not getting enough throat hit, you can try increasing the power of your device. This will make the vapor hotter and provide a more substantial throat hit. However, it would be best if you were careful not to go too high, or you’ll end up with a harsh vape.
3. Experimenting with flavors
Some flavors are naturally harsher than others. Select a tobacco or menthol flavor if you want a strong throat hit. In contrast, pick a fruit or dessert flavor if you want a gentler throat hit.
4. Adjust the airflow Setting
This will allow you to regulate the amount of vapor you inhale. By reducing the suction, you can take in less vapor and obtain a smoother throat hit.
5. Changing nicotine strength
If you’re not receiving enough throat hits, try increasing the nicotine strength. This will make the vapor harsher but provide a more substantial throat hit. However, it would be best if you were careful not to go too high, or you’ll end up with a harsh vape.
6. Changing PG/VG ratio
A higher PG ratio will give you a more substantial throat hit, while a higher VG ratio will provide you with more clouds and less throat hit.
7. Experiment with different wicking materials
Some materials will absorb more liquid and produce a harsher vape, while others will absorb less liquid and produce a smoother vape.
The throat hit that is right for you.
When it comes to finding the right throat hit, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What works for one person may not work for another. The best way to figure out what works for you is to experiment with various adjusted factors until you find what works for you.
How to get a stronger throat hit?
- Use a higher nicotine juice: The higher the nicotine content, the more intense the throat hit.
- Choose a higher PG blend: PG is more potent than VG and will give you a stronger throat hit.
- Increase the power or temperature: This will make the vapor less dense, resulting in a harsher throat hit.
- Decrease the airflow: This will make the vapor denser, resulting in a more substantial throat hit.
- Use a different wick: A cotton wick will provide a harsher throat hit than a silica wick.
How to get a gentler throat hit?
- Decrease your nicotine strength: This is the most common method to reduce throat hits. When you use a lower nicotine e-liquid, you will immediately sense a difference in the severity of the throat hit. Reducing your nicotine dosage to 12mg/ml or below would be best when using a sub-ohm device.
- Use higher VG vape juices: E-liquids with a higher ratio of VG produce less throat hit than those with a higher PG content. This is because VG is thicker than PG and therefore doesn’t carry flavor either. As a result, you’ll notice a smoother, more mellow throat hit when using VG-heavy vape juices.
- Reduce your power setting: If you’re using a high-powered device, try reducing the wattage or temperature. This will produce less vapor, which means a lighter throat hit.
- Choose a sweet flavor: sweet flavors mask the harshness of nicotine, resulting in a smoother throat hit. If you’re looking for a mild throat hit, we recommend trying a fruit- or dessert-flavored e-liquid.
- Open up the airflow: The more comprehensive the airflow, the lighter the throat hit.
- Stick with cotton wicks: Cotton is a very absorbent material, so it will soak up more e-liquid than other types of wicks. You’ll get less of a throat hit when using cotton wicks.
- Consider switching to nicotine salts: Nicotine salts are a type of nicotine absorbed more slowly by the body. As a result, you’ll get a gentler throat hit when using nicotine salts.
There are a few things that you need to take into account when trying to get the right throat hit. By following these simple tips, you should be able to find the perfect balance for your own vaping experience. Don’t be afraid to experiment a little bit and see what works best for you. After all, that’s half the fun of vaping.
Suorin e-cigarette professional R&D team is focusing on designing vape devices with the scientistic hardware equipment and provide the vapers with great throat hit vaping experience!